How do I convert a .blend file into a nif?

How do I convert a .blend file into a .nif (net-immerse file)?

You’ll need an add-on:

1 Like

@joseph is correct …BUT, if you are trying to save to a Skyrim SSE .nif file Niftools will not work as the file format changes between Oldrim and SSE … If you are using it for Fallout I believe it still works fine…

If neither of the above you will need to specify which Game format you are exporting to…
For an older format, it would be better to save out of Blender as a Triangulated OBJ file…
and then import with Nifscope and then convert to SSE if needed, or Use the latest version of Bodyslide and import and then save as .nif… I am not sure about Fallout 4…I think Niftools and it’s plugin for Blender still works…

The latest SSE add-on for Blender is PyNifly which is on the Nexus and it will import and export without having to use several other programs to fix issues that the older Niftools addon…would need… works great in 3.1…and is maintained…

PYNifly

2 Likes

Can you please convert these rings into a .nif that is compatible with Skyrim Special Edition? https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6t_YOv62EQgV2O20MjXiszeGd2

Ok… I converted a single ring as they are all the same…But you need to convert the textures to .PNG or .DDS for Skyrim SE… .jpg will not work and .tiff files won’t work in SE anymore

Wedding-Ring.rar (274.4 KB)

Then you need to run this through the creation kit…( then set the armor slot to the proper location in Nifscope as it is easier in there, save the .nif back out and back to the Creation kit to finalize the .esp…

What I do is to select an object ( RING) in the creation kit…go with Elvish as it is the simple one to forge…make a duplicate replace the original mesh with your wedding ring and save it as my Base > Wedding Ring .esp…( watch the tutorials and make sure to save the files in the proper locations in SkyrimSE Data folder… before you open the Creation Kit saves time and effort)
Open that in Nifscope and apply all the textures ( read or watch videos on the texture slots …too much involved for here) and resave…use Vortex or mod Organizer to activate the esp and test…( I would get Additem Menu for SSE as it makes getting things to your inventory simple…

I would watch some of the tutorials on how to convert objects to Skyrim SE Mods …
These are a bit old but remember we are in the 11th year of SSE being modded! :wink: