How do I do the novel multicut from PivotPower?

How did they do that multi cut of the towers at the end of the excellent “Pivot Power” tutorial from the BlenderNewbies website? It was a keystroke (that he didn’t mention) that allowed him to split along an edge and drag out multiple instances of a cut.

I haven’t seen the tutorial but the mouse scroll wheel will increase/decrease the number of loop cuts (ctrl-r).

GreyBeard

David, you can press ctr-r + num to cut num loops as well.

Hey thanks for that guys, it seems like such a simple thing that I never knew but just noticed in passing. I wish there was a more effective way of picking up these simple tricks without wading through the mountainous “tips” threads!

BlenderBoy did a neat video ages ago but there hasn’t been anything since AFAIK.

Holy Crap GreyBeard… Everytime you post something I end up finding something sooooo useful. Thanks.

There is an easier way:
Click on GreyBeard’s name in a thread title, you’ll get a pop-up menu. One of the options is: Find all posts by GreyBeard. Bypass the wading and go straight to the good stuff.

BlenderBoy did a neat video ages ago but there hasn’t been anything since AFAIK.

i believe u mean WhiteBoy…it wasn’t me :wink:

just wanted to make sure credit went where it should.

Sorry my bad! But you’re good to…