How do i get objects coordinations into compositor?

Hey there, im trying to make animation of an high velocity impact. im using sun beams node to enhance (i also used as directional blur/motion blur) the render

THE ISSUE is,that there is camera shake, and i dont want to render EVERY single frame and manualy adjust coordinations and animate those sun beams by hand. i tried asking chat gpt. i know something about ID mask, and pass index of the object. but ive spend hours on it, with no real progress. (its just 50-70 frames, but i want to know anyway how to make it so im able to)

if you know way to bypass this or something i would appriciate if you let me know.
thanks.

1 Like

Welcome :tada:…

have you seen this:

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/291513/animate-sun-beams-compositing-node-based-on-camera-position

thanks for the reply. but i have 0 abilities regarding drivers, doing something with console. and i spend all my time inside the blender, in blender 3.1 and higher, so that video they reference is not much usefull to me. and ive never done tracking either, or succesfuly composite render layers.

so ive decided, im gonna render it with no camera shake and add it later on. ive been thinking that i would use empty, and its keyframes to shake with camera, unfortunatly i was using modifiers in graph editor to get fading effect. so, i either come up with something or just do things the hard way. but thanks.

Well… the sun beams node uses a “position” and as far as i understood your goal you want to change this position… and this is (yet and AFAIK) only possible with drivers… so the no-shake idea might be the best if you want “to make it in time”…

Or you might share a simpler (?) versionof the file… where someone can “see” where the positon comes from and might adapt this possible solution ( or come up with another one… ).

1 Like

Why not add the camera shake as a post effect in the compositor? That way you don’t need screen space coordinates. If you do though perhaps you could render out a pass then use the tracker to gather screen space changes through the stabilze node?