How do i get rid of this noise in viewports and renders?

In Blender 4.3 for macOS, there is terrible amounts of noise and shadow smearing in the viewport, ans renders always appear grainy, which really kills EEVEE Next for me.

Is there a way to restore a clean-looking viewport and render like in previous versions without the horrific smearing along with the awful noise seen in rendering? That noise in renders makes it look unprofessional.

Or do I need to wait for a new Blender version? This is why I use 4.0.2 for a crisp viewport along with crisp rendering.

In this context, “noise” means the grain you get or “pixellation”.

Can you provide a screenshot of the noise you are talking about?

The noise I am talking about is in the 3D viewports and also when an image is rendered. Lets say you render an image. Well, the image will come out with a lot of grain, as if someone smeared the pixels.

The same effect occurs when I use the viewport, as either bright or shaded areas will smear.

In prior versions, you had a crystal-clear viewport and render output.

Increase the number of samples

In my opinion you just have some different setting.
I didn’t notice any weird behavior like yours in new Blender version but i’m on Linux.
Render engine? Is denoise active? Samples? The list could be very long, that’s why some screenshot tells more and could help who is trying to help you.

How do you increase the number of samples? I don’t see any option for that in this menu.

I found it, it’s here:

If you have done something that needs this many samples in Eevee, there is surely a better way. The main thing I could think of that might justify this many samples is a massive area light that uses jittered shadows. Then, you could use loads of samples and get accurate soft shadows. But massive lights are better avoided in Eevee if possible because soft shadows are harder to render well.

Or maybe you have a semi-transparent surface that’s really noisy? In that case, I would try to see if it can be done using blended transparency instead of dithered. But that will depend on the object and if it’s simple enough in its shape to support it. Blended transparency Is clean, but it has trouble figuring out the depth of each face if the object is complex.

If you just have general noise in the shadows or the raytracing, you can just go into their settings and increase the number of rays. This allows to increase the quality of just that one feature without increasing quality for everything like the samples would.

I believe the difference between 4.0 and 4.3 is the Eevee Next that introduces ray-tracing for GI, reflections and shadows.

Fundamentally, calculating lighting with rays (pathtracing or raytracing) always results in noise, as we can only estimate what trillions of light rays produce IRL.

Path tracing (cycles) is a very simple procedure really, just computationally heavy. A general fix for noisy image here is either more samples/better denoiser/adjust scene lighting.

Real Time renderers with Raytracing (Eevee Next) is a much more complex system behind the scene…precisely why you cannot just fix with “more samples”

Noticing this.


Again, you should use 4.1 or a Goo Engine build. It’s very clear that you’re not happy with Eevee Next, so use what works for you (Eevee Legacy)


Yep, noise is still here on latest blender 5.1.

Yes, you need to use 4.1 to get the results you’re looking for

damn, anyone knows if this is like a know-bug they are working on fixing or blender is going to ditch npr support for anything that is not the very basic?