How do I parent/link a collection of boole objects to the object they're cutting holes into?

I’m modeling a room. I have a collection of two cubes creating holes where the windows will be. Now I’m trying to link/parent this collection to the room object, so that when I move the room, the holes go with it. But I’ve tried and it’s not working.

What do I do??! Please take a look.

parenting collection_nightmare.blend (1.2 MB)

thx!

George

Hey, you can simply move all of your objects if you send them into one collection, then click RMB on it and choose “move objects”

I’ve attached the file with all objects combined into one collection:
parenting collection_nightmare.blend (1.0 MB)

Note: if you meant that “Why can’t I move objects when they’re invisible”, short answer is - that’s how Blender works. In order to move object it should be visible (eye icon should be turned on), otherwise you cannot move those objects and that’s why then aren’t move on

You could try to use Collection Instances. This one could help you. Here’s the tutorial about it:

1. The box used in Boolean is good to manage when it’s visible. (See Red Box Settings)

2. You can move the Modal object by empty parent.

Bool Tool… The settings are automatically set. (Default addon)

Learn the blender mantra:

Apply Location. Apply Rotation. Apply Scale. Hoomm. Apply all transformation. :bell:
Apply Location. Apply Rotation. Apply Scale. Hoomm. Apply all transformation. :bell:

:wink:

( Maybe also: Compress file while saving in save dialog…Include all images and delete unused materials… include camera :bell: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

parenting collection_Mantra.blend (173.8 KB)