How do you move action channels?

In the Action Editor there’s the option to move channels, so I select the keys in one channel and press PageDown as suggested but the channel doesn’t move.

How do you re-order action channels–? You can’t just click the name of the channel because some option window constantly pops up, so how do you select and re-order action channels in the Action Editor?

Thanks.

Thats wierd. You should be able to select the different channels (try and select all by menue) and press “Page Up” resp. “Page Down”. There should be no option window popping up. You are sure that you are not working in the NLA window?

1- I am in the Action Editor
2- I am not able to select a channel because there’s no existing documentation describing how (someone please prove me wrong)
3- I can select individual keys and grab them, etc. but not reorder them

How exactly does one select a channel in the Action Editor…? You know, “hold down shift key, left-click, blah blah blah”.

Thanks –

You LMB on the Bone-Name in the left-hand column, it’ll turn from brown to grey, then press Page-Up/down (or Shft-PU/D to move to top or bottom)

%<

You click on it’s name. LMB or RMB.

Or why don’t try the menue called “Select” to select something?

[quote=“soylent_gr”]

You click on it’s name. LMB or RMB.

Or why don’t try the menue called “Select” to select something?[/quote]

Your irritating snark is unconstructive. Now, if I point out that you completely forgot to use the word “you” in your sentence and mangled that attempt to spell “menu”? That right there would be constructive snark.

I’m not working with bones. I’m working with shapes.

Select>Select/deselect all channels does nothing. LMB, MMB, and RMB on the channel name brings up the slider panel.

Happy to send a test .blend.

Thanks![/b]

ScooterL

Your irritating snark is unconstructive

I don’t think Soylent_gr is a native English speaker and if you check his posts you’ll find that he doesn’t yank anybody’s chain, ever. Since you failed to mention Shapes in the posts prior to your little tantrum I don’t think you can blame any of us for not assuming that that is indeed what you meant. If this is your attitude you certainly won’t get any help from me in the future.

%<

Another disgruntled Max user?

If you didn’t want help, why waste bandwidth posting questions?