how many hours do you sleep a day ?

Hi & the Question says , …

how many hours do you sleep a day ?

it’s hard to sleep at night cuz i have to stay awake all day which is pretty cruel and ironic 3-4hours usually during the week. maybe 8 on the weekend.

Im blending at 4 am cst every day cuz cant sleep

I sometimes go to bed and stay in bed for half the day or 12 hours, that is except if I have something in the morning, then it can be more like 8-10 hours.

7 hours daily expect maybe 8:30 for holidays .

I sometimes go to bed and stay in bed for half the day or 12 hours, that is except if I have something in the morning, then it can be more like 8-10 hours.

do you study in university , have you finished school ?
what is your major ?

Hmmm. Usually about 6, maybe 7 hours a night. I’ve been plagued by intermittent insomnia since I was a teen in the 70s, it struck again Monday night so Tuesday was only sustained by a large cup of strong coffee, and my darling wife driving on the afternoon commute home. We work 4 blocks apart so can carpool.

I try to make up on the weekends, but there’s just too much I want to do rather than sleep.

I’ve never been to college, I currently go to a transition program where I can get my art business off the ground and someday live on my own, I may never go to college and never know Trig or Calculus.:spin:

You are not missing nothing Cyborg Dragon I am almost done with my IT degree and when I am not blending I am writing papers on bull *****

Unless you are going to be a doctor or a lawyer or something that requires a lab and someone who’s trained to watch over you, such as being a chef or something; I’d say school is pretty useless in real life beyond 5th grade stuff.

After that it is about finding something you believe in and getting access to the info, people and materials that you need in order to practice it.

I mean they make you read To Kill a Mocking Bird and Beowulf… why? If someone wants to read it they can do as I did back in the day and go to the library and check it out - or read it online. There is no need to force people to read things that do not directly relate into their specific professional requirements. School is such a sham. We all know it. Yet we do nothing.

Geometry, Calculus… why? Why??? …

We study Mesopotamia but not modern day middle east. Why?

Why?

sad face

Depends, can span easily from 3 to 12 hours a day.

Given the chance I go for 12 not the other way around. :wink:

Depends at the situation:
If I had a party or something, I will sleep 3-5 hours.
The day after the party (so the day after the headace), I will sleep 9-12 hours
In a regular school week, I will sleep 8-9 hours.

Usually 6-7 hours. Sometimes I’m up all night…gives you some headache the next morning…

Usually five to six hours. On weekends seven to eight.

I should go to bed earlier. :frowning:

Shamefully i can only sleep up to 5 hours a night. But hey i have a sleeping disorder and Blender isnt helping much :wink:

I get five and a half to six and a half every night. It is really annoying but I cannot seem to get more if I wanted.

Unless you are going to be a doctor or a lawyer or something that requires a lab and someone who’s trained to watch over you, such as being a chef or something; I’d say school is pretty useless in real life beyond 5th grade stuff.

Geometry, Calculus… why? Why??? …
School can be extremely beatifically… but then again, it depends on what you want to do with your life. For example, a software engineer uses math all the time. Geometry, and calculus are extremely important for that field of work. Do you think it would be possible to build your own 3d application or game engine (from scratch) without math? Do you think blender would exist if it wasn’t for calculus?

On the other hand, if you don’t plan on being involved in computer science (or anything related to math), then you would be correct.

Edit: that can also be applied to subjects other than math.

My weeks are sorta messed up. I have a weird shift at my job, so I never work more than three days in a row and often get two, three or four days off in a row, but they are 12 hour days and they start at 6 am. I am up at 5am and it has not been easy adjusting to my current schedule. I’ve been working evenings or graveyard shifts since I was in highschool… always been a night sort of person… and I’m still used to going to bed at two or three am or later. So some days I just revert back to that pattern automatically without thinking about the fact that I have to work the next morning at 6am.

On my days off, tho, I don’t set an alarm, so I don’t wake up and often will sleep 12 hours at a time, tho ususally I goto bed around 2 am or so and wake up around 10 am or noon.

I guess it averages out to roughly 8 hours a night, but some days I get maybe a couple hours if I’m lucky enough to even realize what time it is. It’s closing in on midnight right now, for instance, and I’ll be waking up in about 5 hours for work.