How to add 3d model to photo without using fspy addon

Any ideas? Because I don’t have any myself.

Let’s start with the obvious question- why not use fspy? It’s free and easy to use

1 Like

Because why not? I want to learn something new for myself, other ways to achieve a result.

Breaks after 3.3 . But sould be nothing to repair.

1 Like

How to do it without any addons?

Add an image to your scene. Add a 3D model? What are you asking here? If you’re asking how to do perspective matching without add-ons, you can’t, or you can eyeball it

1 Like

Yes, I want to perspective 3d model in photo without using any addons. How to do it?

You can’t, unless you eyeball it

1 Like

What is eyeball? (english is not my main language)

Approximating the perspective by eye- looking at the image and the model and manually adjusting the model by hand to match (or get close to matching)

1 Like

Thanks guys for help. Question closed.

Just to add my 2 cent…

For thousend of years artists did made “replica” of the real thing by looking at references and do check every single working step again and again… so it looked “good”…

…so they devloped a keen eye for this and could tell you about the angle of light, the time of day/year this may took place, the position of view this was taken from, even the plants, buildings, cloth material or anything else “used” in the scene… so they could “replicate” the visual perception of the object of interest.

So for adding some object into some photo you might to ask yourself:

• are there any perspective distortions and even if not with what focal lenght was this taken…
  • is the center of the original image not in the center because the image was cropped
  • where does the main light come from
  • are there any other light sources
  • what is the day time and angle of the sun (does influence the apearance of even a white cube)
  • how does the environment reflect onto itself and the object…

Finally… even when using an addon like fspy someone has to consider a lot of things… like for example mentioned in this fine tutorial:

…which may also help when not using this “helper”… to understand more about the initial problem… challenge…

1 Like

Add a camera to the space, set the image in the background, do basic guide work and proceed. (It may be more complex and more workload)

Using fspy has the advantage of extracting camera settings.

1 Like

Thanks for asnswers!

It really depend on the image you’re trying to match.
You can look for parallel lines in the distance , and from there you can approximate the camera position and focal length :

A simple image to solve :

The more you know about your scene the easier it gets, like objects dimensions, any info will help…

It’s also possible to do match moving like that but it’s super tedious…
If you can use a software for that you’ll probably save yourself valuable time that you can invest elsewhere…

1 Like