How to add Animation to an existing Walk cycle?

Hello,

i have an existing walk cycle and the Problem i have is, that i want to add an Animation to it. The walking Person should hold a Gun. So the entire Animation should be adjusted for that. Is there a way to implement it without starting over again, or do i have to repeat the full process with walk cycle and holding a gun at the same time with frame one to frame x?

i would be pleased to receive an Answer for this Question.

If you don’t want to use the graph editor to adjust the animation, I’d do it using the NLA editor. It allows you to layer animations on each other.

Here’s a tutorial I found on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uomt2ABN5XM

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

If your talking about your character holding a gun through your animation that you already have…you can use a bone constraint…relationship and child of…you place a bone in your gun mesh and then you can constrain that to a bone in your characters hand…There are a few tutorials out there that show you how to do this…

matt can you also show me this tut so i perhaps have more options. Also thanks for responding. i am very pleased.