ok, so, looks like I’d need TWO scripts, one to store the rotation/orientation properties of the emptymesh on BGE entry,
and one to be activated by <home> key to return emptymesh & associated objects to that original condition, right?
Now, for a complete noob trying to write those scripts:
Are there some scripts which come CLOSE to what I need that I could study/ammend?
GENERAL SCRIPT WRITING QUESTIONS:
- probably use text editor in blender, but do I choose ADD new or OPEN new?
- how and to where do I SAVE script when finished?
- are there GENERAL things I need to do in a script BEFORE I tell it to do the specific things the script is for? (& if so what things?)
SPECIFIC QUESTION, RE SAVING INITIAL CONDITIONS:
- how do I GET the initial orientation properties of the emptymesh, and then how do I SAVE them such that the other script can retrieve them?
SPECIFIC QUESTION REGARDING RE-SETTING INITIAL CONDITIONS:
- how do I retrieve the stored initial conditions, and then how do I command re-set to those ini conditions?
I do see that there’s a Python Controller, so I at least have a hint as to how to activate the re-set script, but I don’t see any way to do an “activate script on entry” action to activate the “get original conditions” script.
 might “activate script on entry” be done with an "always"sensor with “tap” parameter set?