How to apply for the Blender + iorad digital partnership opportunity

How to apply for the Blender + iorad digital partnership opportunity

• YOU: a Blender expert, able to teach others about Blender
  • iorad: a step-by-step tutorial builder used to explain how-to for any online app
    THIS DOC EXPLAINS THE PROGRAM - in exchange for free access to iorad’s $500/month premium tutorial maker product, you agree to create at least 5 tutorials/month for iorad’s [the square]
    (https://www.iorad.com/thesquare/).
  • A 19 minute intro video and a link to the application form are in the doc!
    Applications due by 31 March 2023.

[You may share this opportunity with Blender users who are not a part of this community.]

Why would I trade 50+ hours of work a month (making a tutorial takes at least 10 hours) for “free access” to a 500/month product… that I don’t want or currently use? What would I gain from this?

Usually, this stuff at least has some kind of “you get paid .005 cents per tutorial view”, some kind of way you can profit from donating such a massive amount of time, but there’s no benefit at all to me with this deal. I haven’t ever heard of Iorad until now, I’ve survived without it for 23 years, so getting it for free doesn’t mean anything to me.

It’s like saying “for 50 hours of work a month, you get free unlimited access to this bar in Singapore!” I don’t drink and I live in the southern US, what do I possibly stand to gain there?

If you want to get people to actually do this, you may consider rewarding them with something more substantial than what essentially boils down to “Schrute bucks” :thinking:

Joseph: I’m sorry you feel this way. Your comment, however, reinforces that you haven’t tried iorad. There’s a short learning curve, and then it should take you no more time to create the tutorial than it does to click around the Blender screen to show how a tool or feature is used. Most people take less than 10-15 minutes to create a tutorial.

The benefits are

1. The creator has access to the iorad tutorial creator to use for any online product they want to. This includes if they want to monetize their tutorial creations.
  2. It’s an easy way to share one’s Blender knowledge to a wide audience with promotional support from iorad (via the square, and iorad’s social media, blog, and YouTube), especially if one already creates one’s own how-tos in a more difficult way than with iorad.
  3. A recognition badge in the square as an iorad Ambassador amasses a one-stop portfolio link showing off one’s expertise in Blender (or any product for which iorad is used and posted in the square.) For example, here is a link to my page in the square.

Although I really enjoyed your Singapore bar analogy, I’d be surprised if, after a little practice, it took someone more than 2 hours to create the 5 tutorials each month needed to maintain this premium subscription. And I’ll repeat: What they do with the other 728 hours they have left in their month is up to them, even “if they want to monetize their tutorial creations.”

Thank you for your concerns. I hope I’ve assuaged your angst.
Arlen Kimmelman
Director of Program Engagement
iorad

As far as i can see this “tutorial generator” could be used for any tutorial for any app…

…but for simple “let-me-show-you-this”-tutorials someone could just screen-record this (so nothing new) ?! and for any advanced tutorial there should be something like a script and post production… which is done all over the world already without it… !?

And this square is a general (big?) community for every possible tipps/tutorials for any apps… also nothing new… someone ( a customer ) can find this everywhere… for any app or special field… also payed courses etc… (so nothing new)

Finnally: this partnership… for producers… and it seeam those are adressed here… well if i as a consumer could find anything on the website which may be to some interest to me… or to be more precise: other sites which offer payed tutorials or courses are much more easier to find anything… here you have to register to enter the square… (so nothing new)

So as a “producer” i ask myself:

How would anyone see anything of my content if i can’t even see what’s going on ?? And i have to pay or be in this partnership… ??

And additonally as a “consumer” i ask myself:

How is this “better”/ more advanced than looking into this forum here (for example) in the special subchapters (especially: Tutorials, Tips and Tricks ← also used as “advertiser” for free tutorials and so maube even convince people to use payed ones) to find any answers that may have been already given or search for them with the search button ( :mag: top right) and even asking in this great community (which i already found and even can view without being registered…) (so nothing new)

…or:

What would i gain?

:person_shrugging:

Of course anybody is free to make up someones own mind and test this…

(so nothing new)
1 Like

Thank you for telling us about this opportunity!

Hi Okidoki (Love your handle!):
I appreciate your perspective on tutorial makers. You’re correct that “someone could just screen-record this (so nothing new)”; however, what’s unique about iorad is that you can interact with the tutorial for hands-on learning either through Try it mode (practice) or Do it mode (live), in which you’re doing while learning. Thank you for the opportunity to bring up more features about iorad that were impossible to delineate in a single forum post.

There are people who would make tutorials if they didn’t have to record their own voices. iorad provides a way for audio-shy creators to still create great tutorials.

Regarding the square as a site for tips: Yes, there are other focused or searchable resources to access tutorials on Blender and other online apps, but again, iorad tutorials allow for the learner to choose how to interact with the tutorial, so if it’s easier to simply watch the tutorial (like YouTube), the learner can choose Watch it mode. Or if the learner would rather scroll step-by-step as they try out each skill, they can choose the View it or Slide it modes.

• New: I’m not sure “new” is necessarily the thing that would make someone want to try something… How about simply “different”?

• Pay: Please allow me to correct you that no one has to pay to use the square or iorad. Only someone who wants to create tutorials has to sign in, so they enable their dashboard.
    Anyone can make unlimited, free, public tutorials with unlimited learners for free. They just won’t have the ability to add audio or mask personal information captured on a screenshot. That’s why we’re offering this opportunity to exchange Blender experts’ knowledge for iorad premium features.
    Anyone can enter the square and search for product knowledge. People only have to sign in if they want to ask a question or provide an answer.

You’re correct, too, that this Blender community is fan-tas-tic! Nevertheless…

• Here users also have to sign in to ask or answer questions.
  • Sometimes Blender users don’t know about this community and simply try to Google an answer. Providing them with multiple places to get answers is a good thing to encourage the continued use of Blender, right?
    -New or novice Blender users might be intimidated by the jargon used in community answers or by thinking that their questions (or answers) might be judged in a public forum (in spite of the Community Standards.)

I hope that curiosity allows others to explore what iorad can offer. In the introductory document is a 19 minute video that demos the creation and editing of a Blender tutorial made with iorad and then posting it in the square… 20 minutes total, and then that’s it; you’re done.

Now THAT’S diFfeReNt!
Arlen Kimmelman
Director of Program Engagement
iorad

Thank you, @VictorPL, for acknowledging this post. Please feel free to share this opportunity with other Blender users outside of this Community.
squarely yours,
Arlen

Okay… thanks for clarification… But:

Are there any categories to browse? …oh …they are hidden in the filter options… no this alone doesn’t show anything… ohh again you have to apply the filter to select a category…
:thinking: different… you are right… for me: somekind of irritating… Also: Desktop client ! System requirements ?? I’m on linux… bye :wave:.

Don’t get me wrong ( i have better things to do than to fight you :wink: ) your tutorial approach might be not so bad… anyway…

Good luck.

1 Like