How to apply pictures to my figure properly?

Hi, I have a problem with my small decorative cat figure and specifically with the texture paint mode.

I generally know how it works from tutorials, but I’ve run into a problem here. It’s about the “fur” - the individual hairs of the cat are depicted, as you can easily see in the photo. Unfortunately, it’s really difficult to project because there should always be a main seam, etc.
This seems almost impossible, especially since I only have 3 photos to trace from.

Does anyone here know a solution? Other methods? If so, please provide a detailed explanation.

Thank you very much in advance, and I really hope someone can help me here.

KInd regards,
Carina

If you really want to transfer the image as a texture i guess you will have some problems…

It might be better to color and bump paint this more “directly” like i tried to demonstrate here ( do not bother about the blue color in in the bump map)… :

1 Like

That is going to be almost impossible…you would need sections that are large enough to Stencile to your mesh…and those just don’t have enough info to do it…
I would suggest that you look up “seamless stylized fur texture” and use that to Stencil …You would only really need the Normal and perhaps a Roughness map, and you could pull the colors from the images you have…

I would UV un-wrap the cat so that it was all laid out like it was skinned… or something similar so you would able to get the flow of the fur in texture paint…

Good Luck and Happy Blending!

1 Like

Draw it yourself and put it in
You can use Vertex Color as in the video, or you can use Texture paint.

The difference between the two methods depends on whether it is sculptured modeling or topological modeling.

※ It does not seem appropriate to use the image used as a modeling reference directly.

2 Likes