How to bring disintegration effect to these bubbles made from geometry nodes?

What I have in Blender are “bubbles made from geometry nodes.” (credits to @canerasln)

I want to dissolve those bubbles into beautiful abstract particles as the camera passes near them.

I’ve tried 4 methods so far:

1. Dissolving with Blender 3.6 Simulation Nodes: This comes across glitches of appearing and disappearing objects, some of which may be due to the boolean operation. The bubbles are neither fully quads nor fully tris.

2. Dissolving with Boolean Modifier + Particle system: This has the same issue as doing the boolean operation.

3. The liquify Geo Nodes: The issue with this is the dissolving effect is a combination of material and geometry nodes - I’m basically unable to tweak both of them appropriately to make my bubbles disappear completely in an aesthetic manner.

4. I also tried this method - Explode Modifier + Particle System - but the particle system doesn’t work on these bubbles (be it in abc format or directly).

Here’s the file for reference: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ap-yXwvbK6-Pjie8gHONlRKOYYoyv-Qe/view?usp=drive_link

Please help me resolve this issue. If not from the above methods, then is there a better method that can work?

This is beautiful, @canerasln. Thanks so much. :smile:

Words are not enough.

1 Like