How to bring missed Faces after adding to existing UV Map

Hi there i have a meshmodel of a Body from some Vendor, there are two little faces missing. Im pretty new in blender i got it to add the missing faces but how can i bring them in the existing UV-Map? for example to later be able to paint on them?

Erik

If it’s just a few missing faces, and the edges are clearly defined, you could just select them on the model, unwrap them specifically, then stitch them into the existing UV map.

1 Like

Hi yes its just minimal and two little faces. Ist there some tutorial around how to do that?

Welcome :tada:
…if you are not familiar with UV unwarpping, pinning UVs, switching between sync selections… then this might be a bit much to explain ?

Maybe start with:

1 Like

Oki’s post does a good job of explaining the stitch process. Alternately, you can rightclick inside the UV editor window when in edge select mode, and choose stitch there.

Getting the missing faces in is even easier. Simply select those faces on your model, hit the U key, and unwrap them. They’ll end up being massive and totally out of scale in the UV editor, but all you need to do to fix that is shrink them down to their roughly appropriate scale, then stitch them in. The stitch process itself should fix any other scaling issues.

1 Like

i am on the right way? then im a fast learner :slight_smile: just if you could tell me what it was to deform the two little faces i missed that i guess

oh not even needed, stiching command did it … thanky ou

the video was confusing im sorry but that was not a good one

I guessed so :wink:

It should just snap right in during the stitch. If you’re left with any overlapping faces, then grab the other two edges, and snap them together as well.

it worked very well thank you alot im glad this not one community you write some and then you never get an answer. much appreciated. greetings

1 Like