How to duplicate vertices without having to redo UV mapping

So as the topic ask I’m trying to make the other fingers structured like the index finger so the other fingers can bend properly. I don’t know how to duplicate the vertices and insert them into the next bending point in the finger. I am very new to editing meshes. File - https://drive.google.com/file/d/11kYyN0bS4ME8cB2SU9sHP3UHvfJmYRTi/view?usp=sharing

Don’t duplicate the vertices.
try to Add loop cuts if possible
or use the knife tool.
The new generated vertices will try to be in the UV coo4dinate

if you duplicate a vertex it will take the same UV as the original and then you move that vertex in 3d while it’s UV are wrong and you will need to unwrap.

1 Like

Tried your solution and it somewhat worked however it causes issues with the pre-existing vertices which are causing the weights I applied to act wonky.

do you mean Weight map?

it will be hard to change Topology and keep everything intact you know

why don’t you duplicate your mesh. work on the new one with that mothod worrying about UV’s only (don’t move the object they stay in the same pose just hide the original)

then use the data transfer modifier to transfer back the weights from the original (don’t forget to apply that modifier)

If using edge slide with correcting UV and an additioanl mesh merge buy distance… this might work…

Already added weights…are a bit more problematic…