How To Export .FBX with Materials

Hi, thanks for reading, how are you I hope you’re doing great! May I ask how to export a 3d model in .FBX or in .OBJ (if possible) with materials made with shading tab in Blender? Thank you for helping me.

Recording Screenshot :

1 Like

thank you for the text resources, however it’s kinda hard for me to focus and learn from reading {ADHD here} :grin: , may I ask if you have any video tutorials that have been of help to you previously? Thanks again :slight_smile: :nerd_face:

Then… the simplest solution would be not to ask in a forum ? :wink:
But to search (in any search engine) explicitely for videos like so:

And then even find some “fixes” for possible rotation issues… or tips howt o back procedural textures to the UV workflow… etc.
You may also replace fbx with obj:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you, I actually thought not to ask in a forum, but also it was on my mind that some cool artist would guide me into a video compilation like this one, which was what I was looking for. I watched already several tutorials, that taught about what I recorded above, and also about baking procedural textures to UV map and then saving the texture in a different file. But I have not completed learning about this procedure and I guess there is where I need to go and see how it is, in order to fix the issue. I will be taking a look at the videos until I find a solution, and then will let you guys know how it all went, thanks again for the video content! :ok_hand:

BTW. Location, rotation and scale seem to be okay👌

Will be looking at some baking of procedural shading to uv texture :vhs:

Thanks again!

You will not be able to export the node setup (with the colour ramp and gradient node), you are going to have to bake that base colour to an image to be able to export that, so also look at baking tutorials:

1 Like

Hello, thanks for referring me to this tutorial, I learned more about this topic, but I still haven’t figured out how to bake the “coat” setting in the principle BSDF in Blender 4.0.1, may I ask how can I bake my model with this settings? I looked for video tutorials, but have not found one with this info, yet. Thank you very much for guiding me. :star_struck: :slight_smile: :nerd_face:

The Coat Tint looks like you are using the same colour ramp as the base colour. If it is you can just use the same image for both. (plug it in to both inputs).

If that is not the case you can plug any node setup directly into the material output and bake “Emit” then save the image as “coat tint”.

The problem with “coat” is that it is more a Blender thing, I am not sure if your destination software will understand what to do with that image.
I think it would probably be better to just set the general roughness to the value you are using in the coat roughness.

1 Like