How To Fill a Hole in an Object with a Complex Mesh?

Hello everyone!
I created an object using a curve and various modifiers, but I have a problem with filling the inside of the cup. The goal is to achieve a completely smooth mesh, but the only thing I can achieve is something like a “button” (more or less visible) in its centre.
I have spent some time on it and haven’t found a solution yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to make a different shape in the inside (rounded without the dip) you should use a curve that includes that inside shape. The solidify modifier will not work in this case because it will include the dip.

1 Like

Or simple select the inner circl, make a face inset to your liking and move along Z to make smooth transistion and merge the last one to one point… maybe even when curvation is fine and the plane planar use grid fill.

2 Likes

All of you have been very helpful to me. Thanks to you, I finally made it :slight_smile:

So … “care to post a pic?” :slight_smile: And maybe – for the observers around here – a bit of a “how-to” as to how you finally did it?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I am sorry.

Based on the object I have, I created a new path and complemented it with DNorman’s advice. Using a 3D cursor, I set the path points precisely on the Z axis. Once I used the Screw modifier and converted it to a mesh, I got a satisfactory object.

Greetings :slight_smile: