How to keep fur during cell fracture explosion?

Hello all,

Pretty new to Blender so I realise I’m a bit out of my depth but I want to learn as quick as possible.

I’m trying to create a simple animation, with a fur covered uv sphere in the middle of the camera view getting hit by another object and shattering to pieces.

Problem is, the hair particles don’t stay with the object. I’ve been at it for long hours now and can’t figure it out. I’ve tried a lot of things but I can’t help feeling like I’m missing something simple.

If I cell fracture, the fractures will not keep the fur texture so if I turn the original sphere invisible the fur disappears.

If I do rigid body on the original sphere, the mesh kinda just falls out the bottom of the furball which remains stationary.

If I apply the ParticleSettings in Modifier Properties to the object, the fur just disappears completely.

My goal would be to create a cell-fractured copy of my object that keeps the fur so that I can delete the original sphere and get to the boom booms.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

I am not 100% sure here but applying the particle system will result in the hair disappearing? That might be because of other modifiers in the stack. Make sure its the first one. Or test to convert them to a mesh rather than curves thats what they are after you applied the modifier i believe.

Not sure because i have not used the hair system in that regard but i should work.

There is no other modifiers on it I’m afraid. I’m at work now but I will double-check in a few hours.