How to make 2 bones act as a single pelvic mass?

How can I make the pelvis ( like a single bone with 3 heads) from 2 bones ? Is there any way to make the 2 bones point away from each other but with a certain angle between them at all times?

I would like the bones to maintain this angle at all times (top view)

Parent one to to the other, or create a new bone and parent both of them to it. Then, don’t manipulate any children, only the parent. (In your case, the pelvic bones should just be parented to your lowest spine bone, and then should probably be hidden away or locked.)

There’s also the fact that you shouldn’t ever need to have 2 bones act as a single mass; if you need a single mass, you need only a single bone. Weights can be reassigned between bones by vertex weight mix modifiers, by VG deletion+ locking+ renormalize all operation, by geometry nodes, probably in other ways as well. However, depending on your plan, that may not be worth worrying about.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a beginner to 3d animation so these methods sound a bit complex to me (except bone parentings, which I didn’t find to be fitting for my needs). I’ll look more into your recommendations. Thank you for the help !

All you got to do is parent the hip bones to the spine bone (which should already be the case; if not, edit mode, select hip bones, shift select spine bone, ctrl-p->keep offset), and then hide the hip bones so you never see them (in pose mode, select hip bones, ‘h’ to hide.)

1 Like

Got it! . Though I have already rigged the model, now I know how to do it the right way. Thanks a lot!