how to make blenderplayerp ortable in linux

hi

i want to run the blenderplayer on machine where is not installed blender or python. is there any one who know ho to do that? simply a want to createa portable application to run from anywhere…

thanks

I can only tell from Windows.
Just deliver your runtime and all dlls from the blender folder.

A python installation is only necessary if your scripts require it.
If so, it should be enough to distribute the python folders and set the python path as environment variable.

This is just a guess.

thx

yes it is what i want but in linux you have to write shell script which can set the environment variables and what libraries to use… i!ve seen this before but i dont remember where… it will look like portable app bcs i will use the install jammer to deliver it to all platform… it’s like normal windows installation, just extract the files. i want to have all dependencies in the installation to work on every machine…

just dont know which binary files and how write the shell script… i’m trying it on virtualbox on the clean install of ubuntu 10.04 bcs on my ubuntu is all the dependencies… but from now… nothing seems to work…

i am guessing that you want to run the blenderplayer on your Ubuntu or the game created in blender?

i want to run the game or blenderplayer in fresh install of ubuntu or any other linux distribition without installing the necesary packages… that means, the game will be portable (just extract the rar or something else and play), without any dependencies, bcs all the dependencies will be packed with the game…

what happens when you save as runtime from within linux? it saves as an exe?

no it’s save as an executable file… without extension (bcs linux dont need and .exe in file name… but i want to distribute the library files with it and tell the OS to use them and no to use the one that is built in the system bcs everyone dont have it… i rather ask on the ubuntu or other linux distro forum how to create the portable library environment…