How to make fur coat?

In this topic, i want to make the driver.

Drivers wear fur coat.

I have asked a museum to have informations about it.
It’s goat fur.
But i really don’t know how to do it with blender. Please, can somebody show me the way ?

Maybe this could help you

1 Like

Many thanks Sergey,
I learn, try and be back soon.
Super !!!

1 Like
2 Likes

Many thanks @joseph

My 1st try with Blender 3.5 is an australian soldier WW1 with a razorback skin °_°

1 Like

2nd try.

May be it look like an old sick bear fur ? :face_with_thermometer:

This tool is AMAZING, many thanks @joseph !!!
Very very good work and congratulations to blender team

2 Likes

If you work with the “old” particld system, I found the following to be helpful:

• Always work with children particles, the wow options are there (clumping, roughness and kinks mainly)
  • Use several particle systems for the different type of hair, especially the different lengths (really important, since the intensity of effects is the same for all hair in a particle system. Imagine displacing a long 20 cm hair 1 cm in a direction. No big deal. Do the same on a 0.5 cm hair and you got a mess)
  • Crank up the segments for rendering, viewport and when editing particles if your computer can handle it
  • Use a clump curve and play around with the different roughness options, in particular the endpoint one
  • Use the sliders allowing only a part of the children particles to be affected
  • Make sure you use a principled hair shader - a principled BSDF might look fine at first, but this radial roughness factor is really key to realism I think.
  • I found that a photo works really well as the basis for the color into a principled hair BSDF
  • If you are unsure about the color, go with the melanin option and some color variation, so you’re sure to end up in a prealistic ballpark
  • Groom your particles manually, that’s really a must for good looking results. If you gat bad perfromance, hide all the other particle systems, they seem to interfere with each other in particle edit mode for some reason
  • Experiment with the kinks. Lower the amplitude by a factor 10-100 for starters, then play with the frequency until you see an effect. Don’t try anything complex without 10-ish segments (like curls)

2 Likes

Thks @DeGa
Fur, rig, clothes, … I’ve so many things to learn.
Your message open my mind.

I have made this first try