How to make objects not go through each other

I have my objects set up like this the armature set to rigid and mesh no collision When objects are close (they have to be sometimes) they go through each other. How would i make it using my setup
where if the object touch they do go through the mesh? I am not using a collision mesh just armature and mesh. I don’t want to use a collision mesh if i don’t have to

digiman

Any particular reason why you don’t want to use a collision mesh? That’s generally best practice to do. As to the problem, don’t use dLoc - use linear velocity for motion.

To use a collision mesh means i would have to hookup my motion to that mesh Not comfortable doing that, I tried using lin but that screws up movements. they move oddly. Is there any way I can get what i want with my setup?

digiman

That method is how I would assume most games, even commercial games, work. I don’t think they actually move the armature itself, but parent it to a collision bounding object, and move that around (assuming the armature is actually present in the game engine itself). However, if you want to still use armature motion, then the same principles apply - you should be able to use linear velocity, and you probably need to have a collision bounds physics type enabled on the armature in the Physics tab, if you already don’t have one.

I can use lin velocity but it behaves oddly I use convex hull for bounds When i add collision to my objects they seem to detect by turning but still go through my rock object. It’s a bit annoying, i have tried so many times. What i want is for my objects to see the collision and turn right or left before going through the rock object. I have tried collision, near and radar sensors.

digiman