How to make Vertical lines of camera straight

How can i make vertical lines straight without having to change camera view. In Corona render there is single button to do such task which called automatic vertical tilt-shift. Some people suggesting to change Shift X and Y but that completely ruin the current view which i dont want.
Side by side comparison of both Blender and 3ds max-

Blender missing the Tilt-option in camera. i think it was there in Blender 2.8.

Got some help here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1rUuvH3fs8&t=83s
But not as fluid as 3ds max.

Hmm… yes blender seem to simply shift the camera and the other one transforms the tilt into the actual viewing rectangle… the first seem to be simpler to implement… and that may be the reason why it is only done this way.

Have a look here in frame 1 and 2 i’m switching rotated (45degree) and shifted ( i named it wrongly tilt ?) camera and the second has to be move further away from the cube. Both distances in Y and Z are the same matchign the 45degree.
In frame 3 and 4 i changes the cameras focal lenght from 50 to 67mm and now the perspective camera hast o be move differently to match the tiled…

PerspVersusTilt2.blend (111.8 KB)

I guess direct switching from perspective to tilted camera with perpetuation of the viewing area is something paying customers do need and so this software companies does implement this labour costly version… :person_shrugging:

First, make sure that the Y rotation of the Camera is Zero.

Then adjust the Lens Y shift …

If you have the Camera Locked to View, it won’t ruin the current view but it still might need a bit of adjustment…

I use the Photographer add-on that has this as an automatic button to click…
and many many more enhancements…

2 Likes

Hi,

As @RSEhlers said:
First, make sure the camera’s Y rotation is zero.

Next, make sure the camera’s X rotation is 90°, this locks your vertical lines.

Adjust the lens 'Shift X … (left & right)
Then adjust the lens ‘Shift Y’ …” (up & down)
and/or the position of your camera !

Yes, i got it. I have to bear in mind how to approach shift effect. I am used to corona camera which does this with single button but blender can do this as well.
I think blender camera behave more like realworld camera rather than pixel freedom.

1 Like

What pops into my mind is “orthographic projection.”

AFAIK orthographic projection is a one-point projection with an inifinite point used but using the shift of the camera makes this into (or is) a two-point perspective…