Hi – I’m doing workbench renders of 2d motion graphics.
Using 2.81, if I:
- start with a blank config directory
- go to the Properties -> World tab, change the Viewport Display to black (0,0,0)
- in the “Surface” pane turn off “use nodes” (changes world surface color to black)
- change the render engine to Workbench
- hit numpad-0 to assume camera view
- use viewport shading drop-down to change background to “World”
…it’s clear that the “black” inside the camera frame is not pure black, but near-black. This is also the case if I do an F12 render: the background around the cube isn’t black, but a hash of near-black pixels. I assume this has something to do with the render sampling of the scene. Is there a simple way to make it render to true black?