How to Model This Blueprint?

Okay, so I have a blueprint in Blender and I want to model an X-Wing. How do I do it? Is there anyone who can help me in creating my own model of the Star Wars starfighter?

If you can help me on the way to model it, I thank you in advance.

This tutorial series is a little old, but the general concepts can be transferred to any version of Blender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvaT1eOJQpY

I’ve skimmed through it, and is seems ok. It’s in multiple parts. I don’t know what your skill level is, so I don’t know how much you know already, but I’m sure this tutorial is going to assume knowledge - i.e. I don’t think it’ll hold your hand, though I could be wrong.

Good luck, and may the force be with you!

I’m kinda a new beginner to modeling, but anything to improve my skills will be good to know.

1 Like

Ok. You can try and follow along the with the tutorial, but I think it’s going to be better if you first get a solid grasp of the basics. I’d recommend this tutorial series:

I’ve not watched it myself, but I’ve been watching Andrew’s vids for years, and trust that he’ll walk you through everything you need to know.

Thanks. No complicated things first, but more of the basics for me sounds a lot better. I’ll come back to this in the future for modeling the X-Wing blueprint if I get any better.

1 Like

Okay. what about this? I’ve followed Blender Guru’s basic beginner tutorial on creating a donut. Can you see that on the edge of the icing on the left? What can I do here?

Looks like some of your icing geometry has gone inside the donut mesh.
I’d also suggest opening a thread in the Works in Progress section. That way you can post any problems you have whilst learning into one place, and it’s all on topic.

Probably have more people willing to help too :slight_smile: