How to modify existing procedural noise textures?

I am working with UE4 which has a nice procedural noise material node, which is also incompatible with mobile platforms. I figured instead of using that, I could use image to achieve similar results.

Unfortunately GIMP doesn’t generate tiling noise textures (not the ones I need at least). I decided to turn to Blender for this project (I don’t have Substance and I only use Blender for modeling/animations - not good with materials at all :frowning: )

How can I modify Blender stock noise, in the Shader Editor, to achieve the following noise textures:

Thanks

Look for Voronoi texture.

I did, but it’s basicall the source texture which I need to modify to achieve those kind of noise textures. How do I modify it? (using Voronoi as input)

Nor does Blender, unfortunately. Have a look here how to manipulate the coordinates and use 4D as a basis to create seamless patterns. These resulting 4D coordinates are not easy to manipulate further with predictable results. This is only for creating seamless noise patterns, normally in a procedural setting you wouldn’t have to care about that stuff.
As for the patterns, looks like powers, negations for the most of it, and octave setup (multiple chained) for the last one. I would have to experiment, but I don’t have time right now.

This is my take on this. I’m no expert but maybe this can help you on the way.

Here’s a blend file.
different_procedural_texture_maps.blend (795.5 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give it a spin!