How to move the tool from bottom to top in Blender 2.8

I don’t know how to call it, Bar, Tool or Toolbar? But I don’t know how to move it to the top. This problem always happen when I open an older file from Blender 2.7x in Blender 2.8. I frequently do that because I use Blender 2.7x because it’s Blender Internal Renderer is 10 times faster than Cycles, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t like Eevee.

Image is edited: N-panel → T-panel

Not sure what you mean by N-panel, but the toolbar you can resize by dragging the edge.

The header you can right-click on to flip to the top or bottom:

When loading old documents, you can disable Load UI, to avoid loading old UI layouts

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
It works. It saved a lot of my work because most of my old documents are from Blender 2.7x.

I wrote a mistake in my image, but it has been edited, it’s T-panel, not N-panel.

Another question, what if I forgot to disable “Load UI” when I open the old document? And I work on the file for many hours and I cannot reopen it with “Load UI” disabled anymore, that happened to me, and the T-panel is too big, and I don’t know how to reduce its size into Blender 2.8 style.

Then you can open a new instance of Blender, use the File Browser to open your document and disable Load UI

1 Like

Thanks, it works.