How to Normalize an armature and get rid of all poses?

A recurring problem for me. I make an armature, start trying out poses, get it all twisted up and then can’t get it back to normal. Even if I clear user transformations, location, rotation on every individual bone ( or with all selected) and even select “relax pose”.
When I go back into edit mode to see if the armature is twisted up and, its all still laid out perfectly.
What’s going on here? How can I establish a “normal” for an armature and always get back to it?

My approach would be to

1. Make sure there are no strips in the NLA Editor that affect the armature, and NLA is disabled.
  2. Unlink any Actions in the Action Editor (X button)
  3. If you have any external IK controllers, or constraints that affect the bones, set all their influences to zero, and zero their transforms
  4. Clear the transforms on all bones, and on the Armature as an Object
  5. Cross your fingers :wink:

If after unlinking/clearing out all you can find in the way of keys or constraints on the armature & bones, it still doesn’t match the Edit mode pose, then something “hidden” is still influencing it. You may be able to use the Outliner to track this, as most linkages are displayed there in some fashion or another.

Do you have any constraints on this armature? Sometimes circular dependencies in the constraint stack can prevent an armature from reseting properly.

That’s the only thing I can think of.

I think the best way is to select the entire skeleton (A) and hold Alt + R to remove rotations in pose back to original and Alt + G for movements and Alt + S for Scale. I hope it works for ya buddy :slight_smile: