How to return the previous interface of nodes in blender 4.2

The new interface is pretty awful (as well as the modifier menu, but there is an addon for that that brings back the old menu)
How to bring back the old bsdf node interface? or everything else together

1 Like

Use anything before 4.2?

Changes happen, and you either get used to them, or stick to a previous version.
That is for the UI, or the old way the bsdf shader worked.

No sugar coating Iā€™m afraid hereā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I just donā€™t understand why it was necessary to remove, for example, the ā€œcolorā€ input for subsurface. Now I have to do more for this. Add a ā€œmixā€ node that goes to the base color to achieve the desired effect

Thereā€™s a ton of stuff that has changed in 4:2
4.2 LTS - Blender Developer Documentation

Certain things in the shaders have changes to make them more ā€˜realā€™.
Workflows will have to change a bit due to that.

Like I said, you can stick to 3.6 LTS if you donā€™t like the changes. But you will miss out of some of the new goodies :wink:

1 Like

There is no more color input for SSS in principled shader, but there is still one in Subsurface Scattering shader.
You can mix SSS shader with a principled one, with a mix shader node.
You can create a nodegroup from that nodetree, save it as an asset in a library ; and you will have to import it when needed.
Or you can save nodegroup in your startup.blend file.

1 Like

For all software there is always the question: do you need the new stuff ? If not then do not upgrade.
Of course on paid apps someone might not have the choice to do soā€¦ :person_shrugging:

In blender it is even capable to use mutliple versions in parallel (and even readin from the new onesā€¦ expect of course the new features).