I’m trying to create a geometry node network that uses a height map to displace the vertices of my mesh along their normal. The geometry nodes available in Blender 3 seem to be almost completely different from the ones in 2.93, so I can’t use any of those tutorials. What nodes would I need to do this?
How it works in Blender 3.1:
- Create a UV map
- Connect an input to the geonodes input node
- select UVmap in the modifiers setting for this input
- use the UVmap coordinates in an image texture node
- use the normal node to sample the normals and scale them with the image node output
- use the result for the offset input in the set position node