How to save Blender file with textures included/embeded

Hello. This is my first time using Blender for commercial purposes. I have a question: how can I save my Blender file with the textures included? This way, when I share the file with my colleagues, they will also have the textures automatically. Additionally, I would like to know how to save it in another format, like FBX and OBJ with texture embeded of course. Thank you.

To save the textures to the project you will have to pack the external data. Simply go to file>external data>pack resources.
And to export in different formats simply go to file>export> and then choose the desired format.

1 Like

Other formats often do not include the images… OBJ(ect) and the MAT(erial) format for example are pure text files with the filenames of the texture… That’s the reason why they often are put into an archive format ( for example ZIP).

Thanks for your answer, will try this. I am also wondering, do 3D artists use this method when they sell 3D assets?

So, the textures are exported as single files and then zipped into one folder, right? Will they be loaded automatically, or will my colleague need to load them again?

Do 3D artists usually use this method, or do they Pack Resources when selling 3D assets? Thanks

For Blend files you can pack (bundle) them into the file and also pack (compress) the file itself… so there is no archive file needed… sometimes this is done because of the content downloadable by a webserver being only zip’s… or just because users (provider and/or consumer) do not know this…

( Most asked question… : Where is the download button? )

I havent yet done it myself but i would assume so.