How to save render passes before doing Composite

Hi!

How can to make it so the node File Output does save before doing another nodes? I launch render from UI.

The Blender has a bug with with some another node and when I do render I can get crash and lost many hour a render layer therefore I want save render passes before all composite.

How to do it?

your blender version has a bug? Seems like this needs to be fixed first. Are you using the LTS version or 3.0?

From what i know you would first need to render to image to save it so only the render connected to the output and after that the composite render with the nodetree.
Blender crashing is for me once a year or sometimes in simulations.

Select OpenEXR MultiLayer as the output format and render. Then load the file in the compositor and composite from there.

Thanks!

I doing that so but I want to find may be exists easy way, in the compositor.

There is no “easy way” here. The MultiLayer OpenEXR file format is specifically designed to capture multiple “layers” of renderer output data in a single file. The “File Input” node then has access to every one of these layers … and they consist of the exact numbers that the prior rendering operation produced.

Each compositing step draws from MultiLayer OpenEXR files as its source, and creates new ones. In this way, data is never lost. (And, “who gives a dam how big the files are.”)

Also: this format is “one file per frame.” Therefore, if anything crashes, you can resume rendering with that frame number.

The idea is that you do all of your rendering in this manner, until the project is finished. Only then do you concern yourself with "deliverable files," and their individual associated concerns such as file-size, compression, and target-hardware horsepower. You build as many projects as you need to do this, one per target, each one drawing from the same pristine OpenEXR masters.