How to set camera view

When i Press Shift+Z to render preview. I can see the full view of scene in real time. I want to set the same view in the camera so i press Ctrl+0 but when i press in camera view (0) im away or not the same result i need. Any setting or option i can have the same view which is seen in the render view. Any suggestion or help how it works.

With a default cube i added a camera and change to ortho and press ctrl+alt+0 but when i see in camera view the cube i cut. I want to have same result which i see in the solid view or render preview. Thanks

camera%20view

Set both camera and viewport to the same focal length. I believe that will solve it for you!

view port and camera focal length where can i find it may i know

If you look at the top image, before you press Ctrl + 0, you are in “User Ortho” view. This stands for orthographic projection. Orthographic projection works by showing you your scene without perspective distortion (basically removing the depth portion of 3D). Link: Orthographic projection. Perspective distortion happens in perspective view in Blender (and in real life) by displaying your scene in the viewport as if you are looking through a lens that is a physical distance away from your objects. You can make your objects larger by either moving the camera closer or increasing the focal length. In orthographic view, though the camea object can be moved closer to the object, there is not a focal length that can be changed. In orthographic projection, two cubes in your scene 10 units apart from each other will appear to be the exact same size.

A little Blender history side note here. Back in the day (maybe in the 2.4x days), Blender did not have a “true” orthographic projection. It was simulated in the virtual camera by pretending that the camera was an extreme distance away and by zooming the virtual camera in very close. This gets close to how a true orthographic projection would look, but it is technically incorrect. At some point (I don’t feel like looking through the release logs), the orthographic projection was corrected and the camera is now technically correct. Anyway, back to answering your question.

What you will need to do if you want your camera to appear the same as what you see in the view port when you press Ctrl + 0 is to make sure the active camera in your scene is set to the Orthographic Lens type:
render_blender-render_camera_object-data_lens-panel

And then, simply adjust your composition to match. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Adjusting the camera will work. But why the solid view cant seen in the camera view. I want to have the same result seen in the solid view or the render preview in the camera view. I have set the Focal Length and in the N panel under view lens i set both same value 35 yet the same result cant be view. Without adjusting the setting in the focal length what other setting i can make to see the solid view and camera view same result. Any addon can work.