How to stick models together in Blender for CURA

Hey everyone, I’m new to 3D printing and whereas I’m sure there’s a forum dedicated to CURA or 3D printing, I like the people here so I’m posting here :smiley:

Anyways very simple question.
I got some models from Various video games I enjoy and wanted to turn them into a simple keychain/necklace type object.

So All i’m trying to do is add a Loop of some sort onto the model to put a string or keyring through.

However, when sliced in CURA it builds outerwalls between the two objects where they intersect. So when it prints it breaks apart very easily.

I’ve tried putting them together in edit mode, object mode, and even tried to merge them in Cura and it still seems too smart on knowing these are two objects

Then i thought that was because the intersect pieces had faces inside the model and tried to delete the faces on the inside with still no luck.

I suppose i could meticulously edit the model and extrude out pieces until I had a Loop so it is literally one object…

But is there a way I can easily tell cura to just “Hey add a loop here please” ?

Sorry don’t know CURA all that well but you can join different models in Blender easily.

Import the STLs and either make them one object with with a Boolean Union or join them and then use auto retopo. You can then Boolean Union a torus on the figurine and export to your printer as an STL. There are probably many other ways to do it in Blender.

Just got my first printer about 2 years ago and been having a blast with it. Good luck.