How to tiling texture in Blender

Hi!

Isn`t it possible to have a texture on an object and then tile the texture?
I mean, not some difficult uv mapping process which takes me hours to learn, just tile it.
I found the “repeat x y” in texture, but nothing happens there if i change the number.
And I tried different other things, too, but nothing seems to work.

The only thing i need is to tile a texture which is on a plane, and by the way it renders correctly, just it is too small.

thx
mrtz

Tile it in the UV editor…

OR if that is not what you want to learn…try adding in a mapping node and set size from there…

1 Like

“repeat” in the image-texture-node and scaling up the UV does the trick for me:

Alternatively, scale the texture coordinates in the matierail using vector > mapping or Converter > vector math > scale:

1 Like

Tile it in the UV editor…

I selected the tiny points of the Grid and scaled/moed it by hand so that it fits.
Thanks for your hint!

Btw, how can I tell a box that it is a box and not a plane or something flat, respectively how can it tell a texture to automatically wrap around a box?

Alternatively, scale the texture coordinates in the matierail using vector > mapping or Converter > vector math > scale:

hmmm… when i go to the Layout modus i have this “principled bsdf” node(?). Is that a node? The texture coordinate is hidden in the search option… It seams a bit too confusing to me as a beginner with blender.

thx,
M.

First, I suggest you watch the Blender Fundamental Playlist…

and then UV’s…

1 Like

Thanks, I´ll have a look at it.