How to uninstall blender 3.4

Hi guys i got the new version of blender and i am trying to uninstall the old one 3.4. it doesnt show the blender in add-remove app. there is no option for uninstall exe file. how can i remove it completely from my laptop? i don’t want it to leave any files on my laptop so i thought deleting the blender folder not be the ideal choice. i would be appreciated if someone advise me on this. thanks

Hi,
if you are on windows probably you are using the ‘portable’ version which doesn’t require any installation (i’m not a windows user so pardon me if i’m wrong)
In that case just manually delete Blender folders in your system.
Take a look to this page for further details:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/blender_directory_layout.html

You can delete that version of the file from the path below.

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation
C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender

※ Blender does not have a complicated installation path. :slightly_smiling_face:
Data in the C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender folder can be reused if you change the folder’s name to that version when you use another version without deleting it.

1 Like

thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with @BG_Division on the portable versions.

It’s easy to ínstall them on a different drive, or even network.
For the user files on C:, they can be copied over when you start a newer version of Blender. So all your settings are there again in the new Blender version.

Another tip:
Create separate locations for addons, linked to the various Blender versions.
This way it’s easy to keep all Blender version specific addons grouped together.
All this is easily done within the Preferences>File paths>Script Directories section.

It also helps keeping addons being copied over from Blender version to Blender version inside your preferences.
This can eat up disk space quite rapidly. Especially with addons dealing with plant like stuff. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the great advice :slight_smile:

No problem.

I might have to write it down at some point, to post it as a mini tutorial or something :wink:

If you want to use it in a portable form without additional installation, download the blender zip, unzip it, and copy or move the files in the C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender folder to the same location inside blender. (addon+preferences) :slightly_smiling_face:

When using it on another PC, I do not know whether the C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender folder is created by default or whether creation can be prevented. :thinking:

afaik it is created by default.
Unless you move it all into the Blender folder structure, so it is a fully portable one. :wink:

And to stay in customization ‘mode’:
Have a look at “Application Templates”. You can set up multiple ways of adding file paths, UI layouts, UI themes, keyboard settings and more.
All on startup, or by choosing one of the modes via File>New… :slight_smile:

1 Like