How to use Texture Influence with Particle System size

I’m trying to use a blend texture with size influence on my particle system. I want my particles to start small and then big over their lifetime.

As you can see, the cutoff moves as the animation goes. I don’t have any keyframed values.

I’d like the cutoff to be fixed relative to the emitter. How can I achieve that? What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

I hope I understood you correctly.
If you want it like in the video then do it without texture.
Animate the Scale of your object.

If you mean scale the instanced object, I’m pretty sure it would scale all he particles equally, regardless of age. I want them to all scale individually depending on their age

It’s really hard to tell from your video what’s actually happening.

Maybe this will help you.

Sorry If my video is confusing. I forgot to mention that I am using Eevee, so the Particle Info node used in your video is not an option. Thanks anyway

You don’t need the Particle Info Node, it is only for the Fade Out.
I don’t know why your cutoff is moving, in this example everything stays still.

particle.blend (101.4 KB)

Oh yes, my bad. That video is exactly the way i’m trying to do it for the fade in. I also don’t know why mine is moving

Does the particle.blend file work for you?

Upload your blend file.

When I open your particle.blend, there’s just a start up scene with a cube, cam, and light. No particle system.

I can’t attach files as a new user. Don’t know if I’m allowed, but here is a link to a blend-exchange https://blend-exchange.com/b/NZEwZ5YJ/

Press play in your Timeline.

The particle lifetime was way too high.
The negative start frame was also way too high.
The playback area in the timeline was way too small.
Etc.
All of these things combined probably got the cutoff moving.
Which Blender version do you have?

Did you activate that?

And the Blend.
test-new.blend (1.3 MB)

Nope, I can’t find any particle system on your particle.blend https://i.imgur.com/7RGa9Mn.png

I’ll try with the negative frames allowed, thanks for the help

Which Blender version do you have?

No Particle System in the test-new.blend (1.3 MB)?