How to Use your Mouse for 3D Animation

This tutorial is about using your mouse to quickly create IPO curve data that, otherwise, would be tedious to do by hand. Using this technique, we’ll look at how to easily add a more “organic” feel to certain types of motions, create a handheld camera effect, and more!

Small downloads, .blend files, and small video clip examples.

Check it out!

Cool, thanks. I knew how to record mouse movements before, but this gave me some cool ideas. Handheld camera…nice one.

Ah… and I’m looking forward to the titling techniques!

Thanks!

The titling techniques will be treated as a series where the first one will cover basic things like adding titles and credits to your animations via the Video Sequencer. I’ll cover fading and scrolling text, as well. After that, each video in the series will cover an interestng and unique titling effect (like those created in After Effects, etc.). I’ll be using standard keyframing, mouse recording, the game engine, soft bodies, and whatever else that’s needed to achieve different effects.

Most of the tutorials should be nice and short.

Thanks!

The titling techniques will be treated as a series where the first one will cover the basics of using the Video Sequencer to overlay basic text (fading and scrolling) onto your animations. After that, each video will cover an interesting and unique titling effect like those seen in the movies.

Note: I agree with you on the post counts isssue. Why that was taken out, I’ll never understand. You cab see some of the posting data as a tooltip when you pause over the info at the right side of each listing but, that’s very time-consuming.

Thanks!

The titling techniques will be treated as a series where the first one will cover the basics of using the Video Sequencer to overlay basic text (fading and scrolling) onto your animations. After that, each video will cover an interesting and unique titling effect like those seen in the movies.

Note: I agree with you on the post counts isssue. Why that was taken out, I’ll never understand. You cab see some of the posting data as a tooltip when you pause over the info at the right side of each listing but, that’s very time-consuming. Also, this is my third attempt to get this reply to actually post…sigh.

LOL! Sorry for the triple posting but, I never saw the first two actually post. The screen was white for several minutes…

I really like the BlenderNewbies site. The tutorials are simple but interesting even for experienced users, and I think that that’s a tough balance to strike. Unfortunately I became aware of the site after it was too late to include it in the links list of my book. Keep up the good work and I’ll definitely get it into the second edition! (Knock on wood…)