How to uv map a face that i sculpted?

Hi guys, i was trying to unwrap this face but i don’t even have visible vertices on my mesh? Btw i modeled this from a sphere, so i guess it had to have vertices/faces at some point? So how am i supposed to add vertices and faces to this to unwrap them later?

Sculpting, for all its advantages, usually produces meshes far to chaotic and/or high-density for . . . most things, really, including UV unwrapping. This is why retopology is so important. There’s a lot of info available on current best practices for retopologizing human faces, mostly on YouTube.

1 Like

thank you sooo much!! i didn’t know it was called “retopology”

1 Like

“I could google this myself if I only knew / could remember what it’s called!” is my favorite reason for posting questions here. Happens to a lot of us. :+1:

1 Like

@Aylin
Depends what the model is for. I know this was marked as solved, but I’ll try to save you from going that hard road if you don’t have to :slight_smile:

What I do is, if it’s a personal project I don’t UV ever (or almost never). It just takes way too much time to retopo and UV something. So I’ll usually do a combination of UV-less texturing/Node-based texturing, and some poly-painting (if there’s enough geo for that, if not then you can use automatic unwrap on the mesh)

I will retopo and unwrap my sculpts only if it’s a production model, and it’s a requirement.

Auto Unwrap or Smart UV Project as it’s called in blender:

Good luck!

BTW how many polys does your model/object have?!