Human Ear Generator : API new ear

Here is a configurable ear generator for Blender 2.80 or higher. It is not an addon but a blend
Have a look at the demo-tuto : Demo_tuto Ear generator
Download the zip at API new ear zip
blender artists pic

17 Likes

Excellent. I praise your absolute knowledge of human anatomy. An ear is such a precise thing. You did a really useful and good job. :+1:

Thank you @Rimpotche for this script.
I am still amazed by the number of tweaking options.
:+1:

Just for your information, I loaded the .blend file in the latest Blender 2.90 Daily Build and I got this message:

I know this is not your script that generated this warning (Blender did, for security reasons), hense my following question:

• Do you plan to make your script like other add-ons? (to activate it in Preferences > Addons)?

Awesome script, thanks again!

Hi, xan2622 !

Thank you very much for your feedback.
The number of tweakings is really reduced compared to what it could be to really generate all kinds of ears. For example, yesterday, I was looking at Dalaï’s ears and I should add sliders to get them ! :wink:

It is my very first script in python and my knowledge is almost null. But I am now diving in it !
I tried to make an addon but the console did not like that at all. So I decided to stick with the blend.
Anyway, the addon would have to load a blend, so…

Do you think that the warning you got has to do with the fact that I checked “Register” in the Text Editor ?

Thanks again for your concern. I hope my script will be useful.

Thank you too, Kabu !

1 Like

Do you think that the warning you got has to do with the fact that I checked “Register” in the Text Editor ?

I have no idea. I know nothing about Python.

But I have been told that the warning is normal (it’s a good thing).
If Auto Run Python Scrips is disabled in Preferences > Save & Load, Blender warns the user before execution of scripts.

The number of tweakings is really reduced compared to what it could be to really generate all kinds of ears. For example, yesterday, I was looking at Dalaï’s ears and I should add sliders to get them ! :wink:

Please add them. :pray: Don’t hesitate to add more sliders for “fine-tuning” other parts of the ear.

I have been trying to create Thandie Newton’s ears and I wish your script had a way to set the size of the Antitragus (to almost make it disappear or to flatten this area).

btw, I think that you can remove the Cover (API New Ear). This is unnecessary, imo.

Hi @Rimpotche.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn’t you plan to create a 3D teeth / dentition generator, would you ?
:grimacing: :tongue: :tooth:

Hi Xan !
Teeth are not my concern, I am sorry. I made my addon because I saw so many outstanding sculpts of heads with poor ears and I am so interested in the different shapes ear can have. It took me two hard months to code it without any ground knowledge of Python.
So I will never write any other addon !
But thanks for your interest.
Friendly regards

1 Like