Human Progress

Hi Chris, I was wondering if you’ve made any progress on the tension maps for wrinkles? I’ve been working on this myself lately and managed to get the Tension Map add-on “working” quite well using this node tree.

The results it gives are pretty good, but having the add-on enabled horrifically slows down the viewport and causes Blender to crash whenever I try to render an animation, though this could just be an issue with the add-on not being fully ported to 2.8 yet.

I documented a lot of my process in this post
And the “final” animation can be seen here
(please forgive how unrealistic these are as they’re my first attempts at rendering humans)

Additionally I came across this post that looks promising, but it would be hard to get working in the node tree without baking a stress map for every frame of the animation. On top of that, I can’t find the stress mapping setting in the textures pannel anymore and it looks like it was removed quite some time ago as lots of other people haven’t been able to find it for years.

Also I was wondering if you could upload some of your .blend files so we can see exactly how you do things? That would help people new to CG like me tremendously.

3 Likes