Human Progress

Thanks everyone,

The two wrinkle maps are baked from separate sculpts made in Blender.
Not my best work… I haven’t properly investigated the new sculpting tools yet, and it was only a test after all.

I tried three methods for baking the height maps: Bake from Multires, a trick that uses Shrinkwrap, and the old Blender Render baking in 2.79. 2.79 did the best job, followed by the Shrinkwrap technique. Bake from Multires on its own was not good at all.

Well technically it is a regression (as is baking by the looks of it…), but I wouldn’t want to nag, as I’m sure their hands are full with with higher priorities.

Better would be for the limit on the number of Vertex Colors to be removed. Better still would be tension maps. :wink:

Well, I caught a glimpse of it working in the few moments before my GPU remembered it’s not really compatible with EEVEE, threw a panic attack and crashed Blender… so I would say yes. :+1:

Thanks for sharing - I’d like to try creating the skin procedurally one day (which I’m already doing simplistically for the high frequency bumps), but in the interim I have an idea that including stretched versions of the pores in the wrinkle maps and dissolving them with the general skin texture might be enough to create the impression of animated pores stretching, from a distance at least.

10 Likes