I actually did it! from blender to assetto corsa!

After months of learning (…and brain-heating), I’ve succesfully exported a bunch of my car models to Assetto Corsa PC game. After hours of watching videos and unsuccesfull tests I managed to learn about the editor provided by the game devs to mod the game. Here I share some captures made in-game!!!

*ALL THE CAR MODELS WHERE CREATED BY MYSELF ON BLENDER, SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN FEATURED HERE, I’VE DEDICATED ALMOST 2 YEARS ALL YOU’VE SEEN HERE.

*IF YOU HAVE ASSETTO CORSA PC GAME YOU CAN DOWNLOAD MY CARS AT :point_right: https://www.patreon.com/3DGas

Please share your thoughts on this!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE WHOLE BLENDER GANG :raised_hands: :muscle: !!!

5 Likes

Congradulations and well done! Game work is something I have yet to touch, so I may not understand the labor that was put into this to its full extent, but I can see the results and they are great. :grinning:

Well, I’m impressed. Cars are a pain to model.

1 Like

Thanks bro!! this was achieved thanks to a software released by the game developers called kseditor, however, this software is a whole different approach in terms of shading and material configurations, and I must say I got into serious trouble with giving the cars a realistic finish… Also, there is a logic part to get the car to behave like real life, lots of measures need to be fitted to get the car to work properly, and most important, to feel real while driving. So a bit of technical knowledge about car is required.

1 Like

This is pretty amazing!
I can’t imagine the amount of effort it took learning the editor, and the patience it must have took… my hats off to you!

I wanted to do something similar in Wreckfest with custom tracks, but couldn’t get very far with so few online resources/guides. GRANTED, tracks are a lot simpler in concept than a car, so what you did is even more impressive to me haha. The working steering wheel and wipers - wowie!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!! In fact, this is the first game I attempted to mod, I think it depends pretty much in how much the game is friendly-to-mod… Like GTAV and Euro Truck Simulator, Assetto Corsa is plenty of community-made content. I personally don’t know much about Wreckfest, but if there are mods of it, it should be moddeable.

1 Like

Sounds complicated, which is precisely why i havent tried it yet. Lol thanks for sharing more about the process.