I can´t find the Geometry nodes object info node in blender 4.1.0, is it replaced with another node?

Yes, I know…I mentioned I do not think this change was so good, it will perhaps give a slightly cleaner look, but also will confuse new users, old users if they aren´t informed, I recently came a cross one on youtube, just like me…couldn´t find the search tools.

What we had in the menus before, was perfectly fine, it doesn´t distract, or take too much UI space.

We will see more folks having issues with this, so a bad change in my opinion.

1 Like

In other software when you right click you see a text message at the top of the context menu saying “Type to search”. I don’t understand why Blender could not do the same.

I don´t follow you here.
in geonode, right click and you have the find menu in that list, you don´t have to be told “type to search”…so you just select that and the promt is quite clear for you where you need to start typing.
so it´s not per right click you need such function, but when you left click in the add menu, there it really should be as it was previously, a search prompt, I don´t see it as cleaner, faster, or more obvious that you have know, or accidently get the hang of the workflow of just start typing.

For those who have been enlightened, and use it regulare for some time, this is of no issue, for new users…it will just feel awkward to not know where to start searching.

But also, depending on which search workflow menu you start with, it will not yield the same result, and that is also serious, so sometime you may not find things because of that.

I’m saying a good enough compromise between old and new would be to put that message there especially since the node ui in a few other popular software do it this way and have that text message.

As someone who has always jumped back and forth between different software, different operating systems and different versions of Blender, I struggle to understand why people get such a high level of frustration over these things. Like I haven’t updated my favorite FTP and file browsing apps on my mac in several years but I recently updated them and a definitely dislike/hate a lot of the changes. But I haven’t updated in several years so what else was I expecting. Things change. They have new features I desire. No other software works as well for me even though I hate a million tiny things that changed in the last 8 years. I paid good money for these apps that are now highly annoying but still effective and you don’t see me moaning to their devs or to their communities. And rather than bemoan the loss of the past I’d prefer to propose a compromise between the past and the present. Adding “Type to search” text to the context menu is a good and easy compromise in this case in my opinion.

Well…as you have recognized, there are people out there that get´s a high level of frustration, which means there is a lot of people having a lot of frustration :slight_smile:
That is if you´r interpreting it all correctly as them as highly frustrated users.

They are most likely different than you are, as individuals, and your or their point of view on what is reasonable is different, right or wrong would require much more data from each one of everyone to make a good judgement of wether or not it is subject for a General correction. :policeman: as for how to conduct themself, or in regards to their mental state when meeting obstacles.

As for your suggestions on th addin type to search in the context menu, I really don´t follow the response fully from you, that is what I´ve been saying as well, sort of, so that isn´t any argument we disagree on.

I think I have made it clear that I prefer it how it was before, it at least had the search bar there directly in the context menu.

And…as for high level of frustration, that is highly arguable and subjective, what you may think, look and sound very frustrated, may not be how other users see´s it.