I can't post a thread!

I’ve tried posting multiple threads, each with a difference of hours or even days, yet none of them show up! What is this? Does it take weeks for a mod to approve a thread?

These are the posts you have made http://blenderartists.org/forum/search.php?searchid=455697
Including this one you have started 4 threads http://blenderartists.org/forum/search.php?searchid=455712

Note that for new users (currently < 10 posts), your posts will require moderation to prevent spam. Please be patient.

Patient? It’s been 2 weeks since I made my first forum thread, and nothing’s there. I clicked your link and it tells me there are no matches.

And now finally I can post a thread, even though that one from 2 weeks ago still isn’t there. FINALLY.

Unfortunately the moderation team also has a life outside of the forum, sleep, work, living in a different time zone.

The main question here is why you cannot see the posts you have already made. Mouse click on your name to go to your profile page. On the top left you should see a link to the posts and threads you have made.

My problem (also newbie) is, that I cannot open new threads at all. I assume I have to reply first to existing posts to get that priviledge?

No I think you should be good, but make sure that you always post in the relevant subcategory. For example, you cannot post in #artwork - select #artwork:finished-projects or another subcategory instead.

2 Likes

I signed up in this forum with the solely intention of using it as my support community now I’m starting with Blender. I read the community guidelines and I tried to follow the automatized tutorial but it just didn’t recognize when I uploaded the picture nor when I liked its last reply so I wasnt able to continue. Anyways I’ve a very specific question that I took many time structuring in a proper text, but when I tried to open a thread I just discovered I cannot publish because the forum system have “trusting problems” with me. Honestly, I don’t understand why this is happening, what I’m expected to do in order to start participating of this community or how much time is gonna take for me to gain access. Is this a pay-per-participate forum? I don’t have problems with that, I can do it but I need to clearly understand the rules and the process of this forum to decide if it aligns with the urgency of my question.

I don’t see any limitations on your account; the most likely issue is that you need to select a subcategory before the ‘New topic’ button becomes enabled - you can do that from the front page. Let me know if you need further help!

2 Likes

Thank you, Bartv, for your patience in dealing with my frustration :sweat_smile:
Now I understand and I was able to create my first thread:
Help: Automating 2D Normal Maps for Each Frame

1 Like