I changed my mind to not using blender

Hey guys I was actually so enthusiastic about using blender for how flexible it is; However it comes with a limitation which is you can’t use a hand with a product as shown in this photo. But I also don’t have a good background at home to shoot in front of. So what do you suggest guys? Use a green screen in the background and change it how I want or what? I just want to use my hands, the product , and a variable background which I can control however I want
BTW, How about using a tv as a backdrop for the shooting?

Why can’t you? Obviously it takes some degree of skill to model, texture, rig, and animate a realistic hand, but it’s doable in blender. The same with the product. The one in this image in particular looks to be a cylinder with a gold metallic material.

I’m probably missing something. I feel like you could recreate this photo reasonably accurately in blender, and a variable background could be used by rendering the hand with product without a background, making whatever background/s you want, and then compositing the images together.

I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m just confused.

4 Likes

I think that you are talking about compositing the object on to a real hand, which can be done in Blender, but is likely more suited to dedicated software. You will probably need a proxy in Blender, even then, but it can certainly be done.

There’s a few techniques i could think of.

1. use HDRi, holdouts and shadowcatchers to fake shadows casted on hand
  2. composite your render and real photo together on photoshop.

I don’t think you should do everything of a project on just Blender, it can be done, but very time consuming.

Thanks for your reply but actually I forgot to mention that I am aiming to create videos with it

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwp2ixuI4oY/
check this video out for example

So thankful for your help but I just wanna demonstrate the fact that I want to create a video of a hand opening the product and playing around with it. If it was only for creating a photo it could be easily done with photoshop however this is not the case for me now

Take this video for example, I thought it was all blender until the second 0:23 I got weirded out actually so can you tell me how this video was created?

It was created by shooting real models running their fingers through their hair. These are real people not CG

1 Like

I think the whole thing is a video clip.

I can’t think that a company that produces advertisements that are difficult to distinguish from reality works with CG at the same level as a Screenshot image. :thinking:

The attached video is the YouTube channel of the advertising production company.
And it is a company that specializes in filming commercials in Malaysia.

I agree, I think 90% of this commercial is filmed using real people and objects.

2 Likes

Oohh yes… mixing real footage with CGI objects… totally impossible with blender even eleven years ago…

1 Like