I don´t know how to rig or animate this jacket detail

I want to rig or animate this decoration, I tried to rig the decoration and add a spring bones to simulate a lanyard or keychain movement , but I don’t know how to make the decoration collide with the jacket, still going through the jacket when I move the character, thanks.

I’m not great with rigging, however you can use Shape Keys, and model the phases of the swing in sculpt mode, then alternate it by changing the shape keys, might be a bit of a process but it’s quite easy to do.

2 Likes

Please review the 2 Addons
The two are similar, but they have slightly different functions.

1 Like

This is not going to help you if you really want to make it a physics bone but it still depends on how long the animation(s) are going to be. If it’s just a few seconds or loops for a game asset then I’d probably just animate it by hand. In fact, as a game asset I’d even not animate it at all but make it a physics object in the engine.

Your post didn’t really specify the overall intent of your animation. So - maybe it doesn’t even need to be so complicated?

1 Like

I solved it with the jiggle 2 add-on thanks, by the way it’s for a short film project, that way I’ll only need to bake the animation.