I got my old site back up

Not that anyone cares, but I dug all of my old site, still intact out of my HD. It’s like a time capsule. Most of the images were made before the site was, sometime in 2000, so this is mostly my oldest stuff.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/tutlinks/oldsite/

I use the UK Trpod because it supports PHP. PHP rocks.

How much is hosting on the UK Tripod and how much space do you get?

Also, if there is php, can you get MySQL as well? (Even if you have to pay extra?)

tripod’s free.

valar: you need to redesign the site… :wink:

I believe it’s only like 50 MB, and yes, as you can see from my counter and comments thingies, mySQL s available.

Blendermax: Gee, thanks for being specific!

Good site, or at least better than a lot I’ve seen (yes I know, I haven’t got a site, no comments). So were you a Lord of The Rings fan before the movies? I was, I reckon the books are much better than the movies, what do you think?

I believe it’s only like 50 MB, and yes, as you can see from my counter and comments thingies, mySQL s available.

Blendermax: Gee, thanks for being specific![/quote]

you are welcome, my friend! :wink:

Oh yeah. I got the books when I was like 10, that’s about 4 years ago. I read the Silmarillion like 2 years ago, and I reread it just recently. That’s where my username comes from.

Right now I’m reading Chapter House: Dune. A slightly slow read. The fact that I have a short attention span for books that have too much philosophy makes it even slower. Oh well, I heard the last 50-100 pages are the real meat of the book.

Valarking, I too read the book at about ten and read The Hobbit at about 6, I started to read The Silmarillion but I got bored. You should read Wolf in Shadow, The Last Guardian and Bloodstone by David Gemmel, there not realy the same idea, but they’ve got the same kind of feel and there also contenders for the best books I’ve ever read. I might have a look for Chapter House at the school library, who wrote it?

Chapter House is book six in the Dune books. They go:
Dune
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune
God Emporer of Dune
Heretics of Dune
Chapter House: Dune

Everything goes downhill from Dune Messiah. Dune is AWESOME though. The first book is by far the best. Scfi channel made two Dune movies, about 5 hours each. They made Dune and Children of Dune, which included Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.
They’re written by Frank Herbert. I suggest strongly to read them in order. Reading Chapter House: Dune first would be murder!

OK, cheers valarking, I’ll look out for them :slight_smile: .

I finished Chapter House Dune.

Weirdest ending to any book I’ve ever read. Cubefan would LOVE it. It’s like something out of the Twilight Zone.