I just had a Frenulectomy done

Or however it’s spelled.

I had an extra-large Frenum, which is the strip of skin that attatched the lips to the gums.

I’m not sure how long the surgery took, because I couldn’t see a clock while it was happening. The anisthetic they used made my lips, nose, frenum, and front teeth completely numb. They poked me to ask if it hurt and I didn’t feel a thing, it was as if they weren’t even poking me.

So, then they started cutting away and then sewing it. I could see some blood on the dentist’s gloves, which was kinda freaky.

Now I can only eat soft things like Jell-O and soup. I have to take Ibproufen and a prescription pain killer for the next 24 hours, and I also shouldn’t have any physical activity or dairy products in that time.

Now my frenum is starting to get a little painfull, let’s hope the prescription helps.

Has anyone else here had this done?

Oh, I thought they reset your Fresnal value.

%<

Heh, reminds me of when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. Except they just used normal novacaine And I could still feel a lot…I seem to recall 6-10 novocaine injections, a few right into the nerve of the tooth. As with most major oral operations, the next few days are most likely going to suck. Never had that operation done though.

Yeah seeing blood come out of your mouth without being able to feel it is a weird sensation.
Good luck, pain shouldn’t last that long I don’t think.

Let’s hope the pain killer helps.

I like your signature ;).

Lol, fligh i think you need a vacation

Haven’t had a frenalectemy, but had wisdom teeth, same effect. monthes of bad food and sore gums.

Damn, I didn’t know wisdom teeth was a correct English term.
I always thought it to be a crappy Dutch-English translation.
Was looking for hours for the word so I could score with an American girl.
P

Wow, months really? My Wisdom Teeth took like a week and a half to heal, granted it took me 3 weeks to stop having the nightmares from the pain killers :o

Granted, they did hit a nerve and I still don’t have all the feeling back through my face and it was almost a year and a half ago. Oh well, we all take risks.

I’ve never had frenum surgery. I did have surgery to bring up a tooth that was sort of… stuck… twice. :o

The first time it didnt work, but luckily the second time it did. They attatched a small chain to the tooth, and then attatched it to the braces I had to slowly lift it up. I got tons of novacane and that really gross topical stuff. In mid surgery they gave me a mirror so I could look at my exposed jaw. It was pretty cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Laurifer

My mouth is too small for my teeth. It’s annoying. After two years of orthodontia, my wisdom teeth came in so fast it messed everything up again. Foo.

When I was a kid they yanked a tooth out of me with a root twice as long as what was visible to begin with.

No horror stories though.

So, did your lips always bother you or something? Or did it just give you a funny expression? How did you find out?

Patient in bed after surgery: Nurse, during my operation I awoke and heard the doctor say a four-letter word that really disturbed me.
Nurse: Oh? What was that?
Patient: Oops.

I had the same experience with the roots twice as long as the tooth when I was younger, too.

They said the Frenum was pulling on the gums whenever I open my mouth, adding to my already receded gums.

Funny joke, too.

I thought they were using lasers as a replacement to the whole painkilling drugs. I guess it hasn’t caught on in your area yet. :frowning:

Do you know how expensive it is to have a lazer?

A little morphine and the knife work fine… :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, price, maintenance, and training costs are prohibitive. And they’re not a cure-all replacement for other tools… particularly because the very thing that staunches bleeding (the searing) also impedes healing when tissue is put back together…

Ugh, surgery is too violent for me… gotta go

Yep, I had a frenulectomy two years ago this month. Unfortunately, it grew back so I’m probably gonna have to have it done again.

I also had my wisdom teeth removed this summer. I can be pretty funny after waking from the anesthetic and the effects usually last until the next day. Anybody else get horribly sick after surgery and then have it last more than 14 hours?

vliegtuig, sorry mate, I dont think you will score with girls by discussing dental surgery!! :o :stuck_out_tongue:

But dude, my braces are so much cooler than yours! They’ve got blinking LEDs ‘n’ shit.

This really had me laughing. I can hardly wait to see somebody with them. :wink:

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

But dude, my braces are so much cooler than yours! They’ve got blinking LEDs ‘n’ shit.[/quote]

They wouldn’t have any shit if you stopped talking ;).

It grew back? Unheard of! :stuck_out_tongue:

It grew back? Unheard of! :P[/quote]

Actually, it’s fairly common. At least according to the dentist who did it to me.