I keep accidently hitting something or its just a bug but I loose menu...

I keep accidently hitting something or its just a bug but I loose menu items. See the Attached Image and noticed the Highlighted areas. I loose that but I have no clue what I am hitting to cause it. I know it happened after hitting some buttons. But I am not sure which. It only happens either during or right after rendering. Only then. It has started happening a lot more lately it is definitely a bug it needs to be reported.

seen this today myself, think it was a bad script, either one which had an error in UI code or one that added a scripted driver…

run blender through terminal / command line and check for error messages!

I think your right I have not checked for error messages because I came on here just barely to reveal it happened just out of the blue and nothing was clicked. Will probably want to reinstall blender and if it keeps doing it then it would need to be reported as a bug.

If you’re on Windows, can you check if the zip install of Blender (as opposed to the installer) works any better? I know that if the school techs install over a network (installer => image to dist => distribute) then there are issues with permissions which cause similar disappearing menus.
…it’s probably not this, but can you please download the zip version and confirm?

yeah i agree, i think it’s almost invariably that. i never have these kinds of UI crises unless i’m using a defunkt addon or i run a bad script. checking the terminal for errors is the first thing you should do, it’ll give you a pretty quick and easy indication of what’s causing the problem.

Lancer Could you please pay for my passport and get me a free trip to New Zealand :slight_smile: Only joking I would never ask that of someone. I will try the Zip one I also have tried looking for errors in the Command Line or Dos. It didn’t do it last time checking but I will continue. I wish I could add this to My resume. Debugging Blender. So thanks CodeManX and Lancer and ohsnapitsjoel. Note ohsnapitsjoel I like that though for me they just see me then run. I get called when the party is supposed to be over it works everytime

I believe it is a known Blender problem, and it is related to running scripts. I have experienced it when rendering with Luxrender, V-Ray and Yafaray. It may be related to the API.

It does no real harm to just save and restart Blender when it happens.

Lancer been trying the Zip one so far no problems but will still see.

It only happens either during or right after rendering. Only then. It has started happening a lot more lately it is definitely a bug it needs to be reported.